The Standard Lumber Company, established in 1902, was bought out by Pickering Lumber Company in the early 1900s. It continued to operate as Standard Lumber for a few years, and then switched to Pickering Lumber Company.
The company went bankrupt in the 1930s, only to be resurrected as the Pickering Lumber Corp. in 1937. It had an on-again off-again relationship with the Westside Lumber Company, gaining it back for good in 1955.The lumber company was eventually bought out by Fibreboard, then owned in succession by Louisiana Pacific, Fibreboard again and, in 1995, Sierra Pacific Industries. (History provided by Tuolumne County Historical Society)
Tony Benites purchased the township of Standard from Southern Pacific Industries Lumber Company in 1996. He has been restoring the older buildings and has added three new buildings trying to recreate the look and feel of the town when it was bustling in its heyday.
Eric Davis and his staff moved into the old Pickering Lumber Company office building which is now The Standard Pour in November of 2010. The historic town of Standard is once again coming to life.