The Standard Pour is located in the historic company town of Standard, CA. Starting as a Mi-Wuk village, Standard was ranchland during the gold rush era, when the murderous Jim Lyons lived here. In 1909, The Standard Lumber Company purchased the old Xavier Fassler dairy farm and built a full-fledged company town containing boardinghouses, an inn, school, butcher shop and slaughterhouse, post office, commissary, firehouse, community hall, a railroad dept, a church, rows of company houses and company office building. In 1921 this property and all of Standard’s timber holdings were sold to the Pickering Lumber Company. The Standard Mill was closed during the Depression years, and it was 1937 before financing was obtained to reopen the mill. Over the ensuing years, the company has been transferred to the Louisiana Pacific Lumber Company, Fibreboard, and, in 1995, to Sierra Pacific Industries.
The main office building (1924) is now home to The Standard Pour (est. 2010).